Once you login to SpaceDraft you’ll be taken to the My Projects page. Depending on how new you are to SpaceDraft you may or may not have any projects in this space, but when Projects are made, you will find them here.
To create a new project click the ‘+ Create Project’ button or click on the box that says ‘Create A New Project’
From here you can either click ‘Get Setup’ or ‘Start From Scratch’
‘Get Setup’ – Will walk you through the set up process. (We recommend clicking on this one, as it streamlines the process and makes everything easy to understand.)
‘Start From Scratch’ – Is for those who have more actively used SpaceDraft and don’t need any help with setting up their project.
Getting Started – ‘Get Setup’
When clicking ‘Get Setup’ you will be guided through the process of setting up the time and space within your project.
- Pick Your Theme: Browse through the various themes and pick one that suits your project best. Picking a theme will show you backgrounds and pins that best fit that theme. If you don’t see a theme that fits your project, just click custom.
- Set Your Space: Have a look through our different backgrounds and decide which one works best for your project. You can also upload your own images or use a real world map for your background.
- Set Your Time: What time will your scene take place in? Browse the different options and pick the one that will help bring your idea to life.
Getting Started – ‘Start from Scratch’
- Add Pin: Click here to open the pin library. Drag and drop in pins to populate your world and bring your scene to life. Click on your pins to resize them, add movement to them and much more. You can upload your own images, or use the pins in our pin library.
- Add Comment: Introduce a small note on your project that can appear at specific times. You can add text, images, videos and more into this comment.
- Edit Background: Click here to add, edit or change your background.
- Set View Area: Define the space that will be visible to people when they view an export of this project.
- Paint: Draw over the top of the background and add in whatever details are needed.
- Sound: Introduce sound or a voiceover to your project. This can be sound you have previously recorded, or you can record it now in the Sound Tab.
- Movement: Open the movement tab to track the movement of your pins. You can decide when they need to be hidden, when they need to move and much more. Here you can also click the gear cog and change the time of your project.
- Timeline: Drag the circle along the line to play through your scene, or click the play button to let your scene play through.
- See The Bigger Picture/Cover Page: Here you can add in new scenes, or create a ‘big picture’ view where you can organise your different scenes to your liking.
- Share: Collaborate and share your project with others.
- Story: Open the story tab and write up a script that describes the action that is taking place in your scene.
- Zoom: Use the + and – buttons to zoom in and out
- Undo/Redo: Use this button to Undo or Redo a previous action.
You can edit your project title and description by navigating back to the My Project Page. Click the ‘…’ to edit the thumbnail, title and description of your project.