Comments are time-based notes within your pinmap. They are visible for a window of time when you play through your scene, popping open when active. Use comments to add in situ detail to your scene.
You can place comments anywhere on the background and adjust the duration in which they are visible.
Comments are super versatile – add information (text), media (video, image) and styles (colour, size) to your comment to create the desired effect.
Once you have created a comment, click the 3 dots in the bottom right corner of the comment to expand the menu options.
- Comment icon – click to open or close a comment.
- Input field – insert text or media here.
- Resize – adjust the size of you comment by dragging this corner.
- Menu – hover on the comment and then click the 3 dots to open the comment menu.
- Close comments – collapse the comment window.
- Connect to scene – insert a portal to another scene. Read more here.
- Insert media – open the file library to insert images or videos into your comment.
You can also drag and drop files into the comment from your desktop.
- Reference comment – link the comment to the script. Read more here.
- Change time comment shows – adjust when the comment is visible and for how long. Read more here.
- Set to always closed – set the comment so that it does not pop open when you scrub through time. By default, it is set to always open – the comment will automatically open when you scrub through its active period. You can click the comment icon to close it whilst you build.
- Display indefinitely – lock the comment so that it is visible from its start time until the end of the scene. Read more here.
- Colour pallet – change the colour of the comment window.
- Remove comment – delete the comment so that it is not longer in your scene. You can also right click on the comment icon and select Remove comment to delete it from your scene.